Saturday, November 8, 2008

Blog Therapy

A few hours ago I just watched Penn State's football season go down in flames. I'm trying to look on the bright side, because they will still probably win at least a share of the Big Ten title and go to a BCS game, most likely the Rose Bowl, which has a great time slot on New Year's Day. But, mostly I'm completely depressed and I'm thinking I might not see them win another National Championship in my lifetime. No matter how hard I root, or how much stuff I buy, no matter how good recruiting or what ever is...it's just not ever going to happen. I get a few highlight films from the eighties and that's it...I love my Lions, but It's hopeless, I just can't think about it anymore.

So in an attempt to lift my spirits I'm trying a little blog therapy, just a few short bursts on anything not related to football, just to remind me there is more to life. So here it goes.

1. I've lived in a lot of different places and been fortunate enough to travel all over this country during my lifetime. I mention this because I'm sure that I can say without a doubt the state of Kansas has more vanity plates per capita than any other state in the union. I don't know if it's cheaper here, or if it's a weird cultural thing that I haven't realized yet, but every other car in this flippin place has a vanity plate. They aren't even significant things like last names or college affiliation, mostly it's stupid stuff like , "IGOT12" or "2Fst4U" . It really is crazy, has anyone else picked up on this.

2. If that's Eggland's best then Eggland really has to step its game up.

3. I know that Barack Obama's daughter is allergic to dogs. I still don't know what he means by Change.

4. If Crusoe doesn't figure out that he has everything he needs to build a raft and get out of there within the next 3 episodes I'm out. If he gets caught in a storm, or they come up with some other similarly stupid reason to keep him on the island, whatever, just make the attempt or I walk. This is my final offer.

5. In the Cook vs. Archuleta "who has the better career" contest I am awarding round 1 to Mr. Archuleta. His song , "Crush" isn't in my wheelhouse, but it is very catchy and the sort of thing he should be doing. David Cook's new song sucks. It sounds like he found a guitar riff he liked and then made up some words as he went along. It's truly garbage, but his voice sounds great recorded and I have high hopes that he'll get a better song to work with in the future.

6. This Christmas, "High School Musical 3" is holding the handgun and parents everywhere are emptying their pockets and putting their hands in the air.

7. I live within 2 miles of the best Red Robin in the United States. On a Friday night they were properly staffed. We got our food fast and fries Red Robin hot, "If you've been then you know Red Robin fires have their own level of hot, with the crispy outside and the insides the just about to burn your mouth, but they don't quite burn your mouth so you talk yourself into eating a few more with some Campfire/ Fry Sauce thinking they will soon cool down but they never do and you wonder if they are too hot or not for the first 15 minutes of your meal." Good service, and they even let us take a few cups of the campfire sauce home because we like it so much and we were willing to embarrass ourselves slightly by asking. Great experience, and I'm glad we've got them so close by.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I almost had Adam call to make sure you weren't completely depressed, but it sounds like you are. Good luck! :)

Carrie said...

1. What are you guys going put on your vanity plate?
2. I really like “Crush.” It didn’t do much for me until I saw the music video and now I love it.
3. I’ve been to that Red Robin. It is pretty good. I’m glad you aren’t too proud to ask for something you like. They are in the service industry. Let them serve you.
4. The greater Springfield area is in dire need of some good office supplies/hook-ups.
5. I always enjoy reading your blogs. Keep 'em comin'.

Emily said...

Chris Diggins + Red Robin = LUV

Dude, I miss you! You never fail to crack me up.